Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful Tree

My son is getting old enough that this year I wanted to start something new for the month of November and the thankful season.

I decided to craft together a tree with leaves that our whole family could write every day what they are thankful for. My husband informed me that if we all did a leaf every day that it would almost be 100 leaves! I told him that the space is big enough to hold as many leaves as needed :)
My family says our prayers every night and states what we are thankful for, but I wanted everyone to have an opportunity to list what makes them happy & thankful.
For my son's first leaf he stated that he was thankful for Cars.
(he is 3 and thats all he ever wants to play with )

My son "helped" in drawing out the tree and cutting. Then I found This free template online of a leaf and printed out a bunch.

The paper I used is just brown wrapping paper & then construction paper for the leaves.
I hope this idea can help you to remember to give thanks during this holiday season

Tara





No comments:

Post a Comment