Sunday, November 11, 2012

Turkey Shepard's pie

This is partly my mom's recipe with my own twist. I like to use healthy request tomato basil soup instead of tomato soup & I cook turkey meat instead of hamburger
is a family favorite

1-2 pounds turkey meat ( or hamburger)
2 cans heathy request tomato basil soup
2 cans green beans
2 tsp worcestershire
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
potatoes ( I use instant, they are much easier & taste just as great)
shredded cheese

Brown the meat in a large skillet.
Add your worcestershire & garlic to the meat.
When it is fully cooked add the tomato soup, green beans, salt and pepper. stir well. cover.
In the meantime make your instant potatoes by following the directions. I have found that using the betty crocker ones it takes 2. I like the loaded mashed potato ones they carry.
Once the potatoes are done add evenly on top of the meat mixture then cover with cheese. turn your burner to low and cover for 5 mins.
Enjoy!
Tara








No comments:

Post a Comment