Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY Headbands

Every since I had my little girl I have been looking for super cute headbands for her, much to my surprise they can get pretty pricey. So I searched out on Pinsterest for some inspiration. I am still learning but I think so far they are turning out pretty dang cute :)

Here is a photo of the ones that I have made so far


Some supplies that you will need would be:
a hot glue gun
glue sticks
fabric
elastic ( i found mine at joanns)
buttons
felt or white flannel
cloth tape measure
scissors



I looked online to find a few that I wanted to try to do then got to work.
I will show you how to do the Grey and White one :)

To start I cut out a rectangle size that
I will use to glue all of my flowers onto

Next I take my fabric which I have folded in half
 ( I use 2in wide fabric)

Then I gather up the fabric at the end

Put a dot of hot glue on my base and stick the fabric to it,
thats the starting point

then I start to slowly add hot glue and go around
 and around the base in a circle

I glue all the way around as i am creating the circle,
attaching the fabric to the base as I go. 

I did three flowers, doing the same for the first 2,
You have to just decide as u are going how big you want the flower
that will determine how much fabric you need for it.
mine are roughly 7 inches long
for the last flower i used felt buttons, you can find at joanns

I trim off the extra fabric & then glue on my elastic 

I then glue some extra base fabric over were i added the elastic to
help it not wear on the head :)

the Finished product!! so so cute thats for sure!

Please write me if you have any follow up questions.

here are also a few blogs that give great examples also 

Craftiness is not optional

Tip Nut

Homemade by Jill


Let me know how your headbands turn out

Tara





No comments:

Post a Comment