Monday, December 31, 2012

Turkey & Wild Rice Soup

For Christmas my grandma gave me a book of soup recipes and with our excess of turkey meat I turned the pages of my new book in search of a turkey soup recipe, a few pages into the book I found just what I was looking for.


1 Tbsp butter
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 lb cooked turkey, diced
1 3oz pkg or jar of bacon pieces
3 cups water
2 14 oz can of either chicken stock or turkey stock
1 6.2 oz box fast cooking long grain wild rice with seasoning packet, I used Uncle Bens



1. melt butter in your stock pan on a low heat while slicing up the celery, carrots and dicing the turkey.

2. turn heat to high and add ing vegetables to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 mins, until celery is translucent.

3. add turkey, bacon, water, and broth to the pot. Cover with lid and turn heat to high until mixture comes to a boil, about 3 minutes

4. Stir in rice mix and seasoning packet. turn heat to medium, cover with lid, cook 5 minutes. Turm off heat and allow soup to stand for 5 minutes. then serve.



This recipe came from the book; Soups On by Valerie Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment